Re: CCD in Hill Times - Read by all MPs and staffers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Public Message Forum ]

Posted by on 09:59:46 2022/11/05

In Reply to: Re: CCD in Hill Times - Read by all MPs and staffers posted by Harold Stevenson

Excellent article. I have long been saying that Canada needs to step up and flex its muscle. We can no longer sit back on our old image, post-WWII, when we were looked up to for being a friendly, rational country who could still fight with the best of them. That was the Canada my parents and grand-parents were proud of.

Now, I have to say I am slightly embarassed for my country. I understand that Canada believes it is immoral to fight, or "do anything mean", but the consequences of letting these unjust acts continue lead to worse outcomes.

Moreover, the Islamic states do not understand diplomacy; they only understand strength. If the Palestinians had the army the Isrealis had, there would be no Isreal. Iran will not stop their human rights abuses, or nuclear weapons programs until countries go in there, and PUT a stop to them. If we do not take action, all we're telling them is "we don't really care, otherwise we'd go to war." That is how they reason.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: (Optional)
Subject:
Comments:
Link URL: (Optional)
Link Title:
Image URL: (Optional)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Public Message Forum ]