Steve Emerson: CAIR sponsored Islamic Leaders' Fatwa is Bogus

[ Follow-Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Public Message Forum ]

Posted by Lynne Teperman on 15:03:25 2022/07/29

For those of you who do not know Steve Emerson's reputation, he is an investigative journalist who wrote American Jihad

The American Islamic Leaders' "Fatwa" is Bogus
Steven Emerson
The Investigative Project on Terrorism
Email: Stopterror@aol.com

This morning a group of American Islamic leaders held a press conference to announce a fatwa, or Islamic religious ruling, against "terrorism and extremism." An organization called the Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) issued the fatwa, and the Council on American - Islamic Relations (CAIR) organized the press conference, stating that several major U.S. Muslim groups endorsed the fatwa.

In fact, the fatwa is bogus. Nowhere does it condemn the Islamic extremism ideology that has spawned Islamic terrorism. It does not renounce nor even acknowledge the existence of an Islamic jihadist culture that has permeated mosques and young Muslims around the world. It does not renounce Jihad let alone admit that it has been used to justify Islamic terrorist acts. It does not condemn by name any Islamic group or leader. In short, it is a fake fatwa designed merely to deceive the American public into believing that these groups are moderate. In fact, officials of both organizations have been directly linked to and associated with Islamic terrorist groups and Islamic extremist organizations. One of them is an unindicted co-conspirator in a current terrorist case; another previous member was a financier to Al-Qaeda.

I spoke with Judea Pearl, father of murdered journalist Daniel Pearl who told me that the fatwa was "vacuous because it does not name the perpetrators of Islamic terrorist theologies and leaders of Islamic movements like Yousef Al Qaradawi, Osama Bin Laden, Ayman Al Zawahari, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc." Pearl told me that these groups are "trying to perpetrate a deception on the American public."

Officials of both groups have been linked to various terrorist organizations:

The Chairman of the Fiqh Council, Taha Jaber Al-Alwani, is an unindicted co-conspirator in the case against Sami al-Arian, the alleged North American leader of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, whose trial began in June 2022 in Tampa, Florida. Mr. Alwani has been named in court documents as an official of several entities in northern Virginia suspected of being connected to terrorist financing. Documents released in the Al Arian trial show that Alwani funded the Islamic Jihad front groups in Tampa.

Another past trustee of the Fiqh Council, Abdurrahman Alamoudi, is serving a 23-year prison sentence for illegal financial dealings with Libya and immigration fraud, has admitted to his part in a plot to assassinate the Saudi Crown Prince, and has vocally announced his support for the terrorist groups Hamas and Hezbollah. Additionally Alamoudi was just named by Treasury as having been a financier for Al Qaeda.

In 1998, Fiqh Council member Sheikh Muhammad al-Hanooti, gave a speech calling for jihad against the United States and the United Kingdom, saying that "Allah will curse the Americans and British" and "Allah, the curse of Allah will become true on the infidel Jews and on the tyrannical Americans." Additionally, Hanooti is strongly linked to Hamas, having served on the board of the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP). A 2002 INS memo extensively documented IAP's support for HAMAS and noted that the "facts strongly suggest" that IAP is "part of HAMAS' propaganda apparatus."

On October 28, 2000, Muzammil Siddiqui, the President of FCNA, at a rally in Lafayette Park in Washington D.C., said, "America has to learn -- if you remain on the side of injustice, the wrath of God will come!"

In the past 4 years, several CAIR officials have been convicted of or charged with various terrorism-related offenses.

CAIR has championed and defended officials of Islamic terrorist groups including Hamas leader Musa Abu Marzook, Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Sami al-Arian, Palestinian Islamic Jihad fundraiser Fawaz Damra, and the radical Egyptian cleric Wagdy Ghoneim.

CAIR has repeatedly attacked the prosecutions of Islamic terrorists arrested and/or convicted since 9-11 and has attacked the government's freezing of Islamic terrorist fronts as part of a "war against Islam" by the United States.

CAIR has led protests against the deportation of radical Islamic clerics who have called for Jihad or who have been fundraisers for Hamas.

CAIR has asserted that the indictment of Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Sami al-Arian on conspiracy to murder more than 100 people was "politically motivated" and instigated by "the attack dogs of the pro-Israeli lobby."

CAIR has been named as a defendant in a civil lawsuit filed by the family of former FBI official John O'Neill, who was killed on 9-11.

One of the signatories to today's fatwa is Fawaz Damra who was convicted of immigration fraud related to his ties to Palestinian Islamic Jihad and denaturalized. He is currently awaiting a deportation hearing.

Another signatory, the Muslim American Society, is a front for the Muslim Brotherhood in the United States and whose publications have repeatedly supported suicide bombings.

For a comprehensive background paper on the links to Islamic terrorist and extremist groups, please click here.

Posted by Steven Emerson at 06:07 PM | Permalink
TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/2902480

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The American Islamic Leaders' "Fatwa" is Bogus:

» U.S. Muslims issue Fatwa against Terrorism from Security Watchtower
On Thursday, The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) announced that the Fiqh Council of North America has issued a fatwa, or a religious decree, that calls on Muslims to fight militancy within Islam and denounces terrorist activity as the work... [Read More]

Tracked on July 28, 2022 06:31 PM

» US Muslims and the fatwa againt terrorism from Big Cat Chronicles

Are moderate US Muslims decrying Islamofascist terrorism via fatwa? The Moderate Voice reported yes and [Read More]

Tracked on July 28, 2022 07:16 PM

» Fiqh Council of North America to issue fatwa against terrorism from Stygius
The Washington Post reports that the Fiqh Council of North America is set to issue a fatwa condemning terrorism: The one-page ruling, or fatwa, will be issued by the Fiqh Council of North America, an association of Islamic legal scholars that interpret... [Read More]

Tracked on July 28, 2022 08:21 PM

» North American Muslims Issue Fatwa Against Terrorism from In the Bullpen
The Fiqh Council of North America, a Muslim group in the United States, has issued a fatwa condemning terrorism. First off, thank you, but what took this group so long? ... [Read More]

Tracked on July 28, 2022 09:24 PM

» The American Islamic Leaders' "Fatwa" is Bogus from side two Blogspot
This is the so called fatwa given by the Fiqh Council of North America [Read More]

Tracked on July 28, 2022 10:30 PM

» Leading US Muslim scholars issue fatwa against terrorism from Pajama Hadin
WASHINGTON: The leading US council of Muslim scholars on Thursday issued a fatwa against terrorism, in the latest bid to distance the American Islamic community from extremism following the London attacks. All acts of terrorism targeting civilians ... [Read More]

Tracked on July 28, 2022 11:44 PM

» A Matter Of Degree from Hard Starboard
Resolved: the principle difference between World War III (the Cold War) and World War IV (the "Global War on Terror") was that in the former, our enemy was not the people of the former Soviet Union and "captive nations" of the Baltic and Eastern Euro... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 12:06 AM

» Morning Quarters from The Indepundit
War on Terror The American Islamic Leaders' "Fatwa" is Bogus The Counterterrorism Blog This morning a group of American Islamic leaders held a press conference to announce a fatwa, or Islamic religious ruling, against "terrorism and extremism." An or... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 12:31 AM

War on Terror The American Islamic Leaders' "Fatwa" is Bogus The Counterterrorism Blog This morning a group of American Islamic leaders held a press conference to announce a fatwa, or Islamic religious ruling, against "terrorism and extremism." An or... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 12:35 AM

Tracked on July 29, 2022 12:37 AM

War on Terror The Hero Of Islam Conservative Propaganda Shehzad Tanweer, one of four Muslim bombers who self-destructed during the first wave of Tube bombings in London on July 7, had his funeral in his family's village near Lahore... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 01:11 AM

War on Terror The Hero Of Islam Conservative Propaganda Shehzad Tanweer, one of four Muslim bombers who self-destructed during the first wave of Tube bombings in London on July 7, had his funeral in his family's village near Lahore... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 01:14 AM

» A Good Start, Almost Four Years After 9/11 from Louisiana Libertarian
American Muslim scholars who interpret religious law for their community issued an edict Thursday condemning terrorism against civilians in response to the wave of deadly attacks in Britain and other countries. In the statement, called a fatwa, th... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 01:57 AM

» Fatuous Fatwa from Presto Agitato
Update: A correspondent has this: I heard one Imam being interviewed on NPR. When he was asked directly whether he and the other people who issued the "fatwa" included bombings by Moslems in Israel as being terrorism.... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 03:52 AM

» Changing Tenor of Terror Writing from Napablogger
As you may know, I am a news junkie and just by reading my blog you also know that one of the main topics I am concerned with is the war on terror. Every day I read a dozen articles [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 03:54 AM

» FATWA from trying to grok
I sat down to write about how North American Muslims are issuing a fatwa against terrorism. It's about time, I say. The article states Imam Yahya Hendi, the Muslim chaplain at Georgetown University in Washington and a member of the... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 05:10 AM

» The American Islamic Leaders' "Fatwa" is Bogus from Thoolou's Lair
This morning a group of American Islamic leaders held a press conference to announce a fatwa, or Islamic religious ruling, against terrorism and extremism. An organization called the Fiqh Council of [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 09:58 AM

» What's Not Being Said from The World According to Nick
The Counter Terrorism Blog is saying that this latest fatwa is bogus... I don't know what to think anymore. [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 10:05 AM

» When is a Fatwa not a Fatwa? from The Loudest Cricket
At first it sounded like moderate Muslims were condemning terrorism and extremism in their own religion. However, The Counterterrorism Blog has reason to believe that the fatwa isn't genuine. While it might not go far enough, at least it's a... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 10:23 AM

» CRITICIZING ISLAM ON THE AIRWAVES from Michelle Malkin
Conservative radio talk show host and NRO contributor Michael Graham has been suspended from WMAL-AM without pay in Washington, D.C., for bluntly challenging Islam last week on air and this week in a column. Excerpt from his JWR piece: I... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 11:02 AM

» North American Muslims Fight Terrorism--Maybe from RightPundit
The FIQH Council of North America, leaders of the Muslim faith in the United States and Canada, have issued this fatwa against terrorism. The key paragraph: Islam strictly condemns religious extremism and the use of violence against innocent lives.... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 11:57 AM

» CRITICIZING ISLAM ON THE AIRWAVES from HCS's and Gen's Place
Michelle Malkin: Of course they suspended him. However i bet it was leftists inside ABC that had more to do with him being suspended than CAIR's smear campaign. There are also details by the counterterrorism blog about how the fatwa declared... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 11:59 AM

» Another Day, Another Fatwa, Another Yawn from Lump on a Blog
Therefore, the verse of the sword abrogates 124 more peaceful and tolerant versus of the Qur'an. Until the Muslim community repudiates this doctrine and furthermore repudiates any saying in the Koran which sanctions violence against unbelievers... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 12:08 PM

» The Phoney Fatwa from The Cool Blue Blog
Yesterday, a North American Council of Islamic scholars issued a fatwa against terrorism.American Muslim scholars issued an edict yesterday condemning religious extremism and calling terrorists criminals, not 'martyrs.' The 18-member Fiqh Council of No... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 12:13 PM

» Snakes! from Maladjusted - Fair and Balanced
An obnoxious comment troll seems to think a poisonous snake has more right to live than a human being. This reminds me of a convo I had a few years ago with a hardline animal righter. I nearly had my ass handed back to me for saying I kill spiders (us... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 12:23 PM

» More of This, Please from Decision '08
As I have been quite vocal in calling for the Muslim world to condemn terrorism, it's only fair that I acknowledge efforts in that direction. With that in mind, this is most welcome news: American Muslim scholars who interpret religious law fo... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 12:40 PM

» Fake Fatwa Or Righteous Ruling? from MatthewMaynard.net
The Counterterrorism Blog thinks the new fatwa against violence isn't worth the paper it's written on. Pejman wants to sign it. Discuss. ... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 01:47 PM

» Phoney Fatwa? from GOP Bloggers
Steven Emerson is one of (if not the) the world's foremost experts on terrorism. He writes about a fatwa against terrorism being publicized by American Muslim groups.This morning a group of American Islamic leaders held a press conference to announce... [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 02:41 PM

» The MSM War On Christians 'And America' - They've Gone 'Off The Charts' In Bias (Updated) from Hyscience
The AP and CBS, the so-called professional journalists, really got suckered into this fatwah thing, a fatwa issued by none other than the Fiqh Council of North America, headed by Muzammil Siddiqi, past-president of the Islamic Society of North America. [Read More]

Tracked on July 29, 2022 02:50 PM

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Please take 2 minutes to
join CCD or make a donation.
Thank you for your generosity.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: (Optional)
Subject:
Comments:
Link URL: (Optional)